Kicking off March's edition of things to do in San Sebastián....basically a list of everything yours truly would if I had the time. Enjoy...after all, you're in the Capital of Culture!
- march 9 ::: THE CALEDONIAN ::: This neighborhood bar has had its highs and lows, with a spotted past only befitting a bar that stays open very, very late. They re-open and promise "an exclusive design". Uh-oh. (The Caledonian, 20:00, FREE)
- march 9 ::: AMAMA ::: The Basque smash cinema hit of the year screens for those who missed it at the film festival. (C.C. Intxaurrondo, 17.00, FREE)
- march 11 ::: CONVERSACIONES (IM)POSIBLES ::: In this series, surprising pairs of people are grouped together to have taboo conversations. This round features Martxelo Otamendi y Gorka Landaburu, two journalists who lived through Euskadi's cruelest years. (Garoa, 17.00, FREE)
- march 12 ::: MUSIKAGELA WEEKEND ::: Several winning local groups, one of which is composed of a fellow Southerner, gather for a free concert. (C.C. Intxaurrondo, 21:00, FREE)
- march 12 ::: TALLER DE CREACION DE FUEGO ::: Kids playing with fire. 'Nuff said. (San Telmo, 17.00, 5€)
- march 17 ::: NOLA JAZZ ::: Gumbo Lightning Lee, straight from the 6th ward, shows these Basques how NOLA music is done. (Dabadaba, 22.00, FREE)
- march 20 ::: MARATÓN DE SWING ::: Five hours of dancing swing and, I think, even a little bit of vermouth. (Mercado del Antiguo, 12:00, FREE)
- march 31::: ZAHARA::: Indie rock darling from Spain makes a stop in Basque Country (Dabadaba, 21.00, 15-19€)
If there's something I missed, please leave a comment or shoot me an email for future editions.